26 November 2008

Two left...

Right, for practicallity's sake, I'll be tagging the normal day-to-day updates (i.e. non-philosophical stuff that you may or may not find slightly boring) with the label "update"(original, I know).

I wrote my final History 1 paper today... three hours of continuous writing, darn my hand is cramping! Chose the Cold War and Civil Protest in America sections.
They were kind of irritating because they had the usual essay topics ["Using the sources and your knowledge, discuss the effect the Berlin Wall had on the lives of ordinary people" and "Discuss Martin Luther King's final lines to "I have a dream" with regards to the role and influence of the Civil Rights Movement],
but this time I am not complaining.
Firstly, I didn't study nearly hard enough.
Secondly, I need the best possible marks these exams... I need that bursary!

I am a bit jealous of this chicky in my science class... she gets the Friends of South African Students bursary (that's not what I'm jealous of though) and they are helping her get into Amherst in the States...

I'm jealous because they paid for her SATs and helped her with preparation and they are paying her application fees and will pay for all expenses if she gets accepted.

My marks are way better than hers and I know I would have done really well at the SATs, but I couldn't afford any of the fees...

I don't mind if she goes- hell, if she gets in then she deserves it!
I just know that I deserve it too, and I'm not getting it because we're not rich enough to get what we want, but nor are we poor enough to get needs-based bursaries.
And I really wanted to go to Amherst or Harvard. And I could've made it if the whole international thing didn't complicate matters so much when you don't have a middle man helping out.

Now I have to wait 7 years. I know that these things have always happened for a reason, and I know that all the stuff from the past few years have been worth it, but it's still not nice...

Anywho, I have two papers left now. And then it is the long wait to find out about the results.
I am nervous.
What if my papers are marked by bad examiners?
What if they're too rigid with their marking?
What if they lose one of my diagram sheets during transit?
What if my marks get confused with somebody else's?

Pappa says I mustn't be of such little faith, but one hears of these stories so often.

I have the day off tomorrow to prepare for History 2. Ugh. South African Liberation, Truth and Reconciliation Commission, Affect of the fall of the USSR on the world and African Colonies...
Not my favourite sections.
I'm going to go to A.W.'s for a study group. I like going there, he feeds me haha! And we spend good time together and he manages to get me into the sun and the pool too.

Am considering going to Summer Camp. Nothing like American Summer Camp, the youth organisations just call it summer camp to make it sound more appealing.
But it sounds real cool, there's going to be paintball, pellet gun ranges, mountain climbing, sandboarding...

Anyways. I think I must go take the hambabies from their mommy, she's getting really snappy and they're so big, I think they're ready to be weaned.

Oh... C.R.M. and I haven't fought in 3 days. I really want us to be good to each other. Saw him this morning... something feels wrong though. Like... oh whatever. My hand is cramping up again.

Tata

No comments: